Quick update on my Vitamix and weight loss experiment

Pin It
Posted by The Big Guy

I know I haven’t blogged in awhile, but my quest to maintain my Vitamix and weight loss experiment has not ceased. I have just been busy with work.

I am still drinking my shakes, still losing weight, and I feel great. I am down 17 pounds from Vitamix 5200 - Vitamix and weight lossthe time I started this Vitamix and weight loss experiment. I could have lost even more weight up until now, but I do allow myself some cheat days on the weekends. Nothing crazy, but enough to help keep me focused on why I am doing this in the first place.

This blender has changed my approach to the way I live my life. I am able to make a few shakes at once, bring them to work, and I have my breakfast and lunch ready at the drop of a dime. This is a big convenience for me.

Vitamix¬†blenders are expensive, but they are worth it. I don’t know if I have ever been more satisfied with a purchase than I am with my Vitamix 5200 blender.

On another note, this blog will have a new design soon. I can’t wait to implement that. More details on that coming soon.

I couldn’t make any of these recipes for green smoothies without my Vitamix blender. This blender has changed my life.

If you are ready to take the next step towards a healthier lifestyle, I can help save you some money! Click the image below or visit the Vitamix website and checkout with coupon code:06-007757
to recieve FREE standard shipping and handling on any Vitamix blender. This is a $25US/$35CN value!

Be Sociable, Share!

6 Responses to Quick update on my Vitamix and weight loss experiment

1. erika says:

I like your blog. I just bought a Vitamix at an expo cooking show/ convention. I can’t wait to start using it. I love juicing but hate cleaning the juicer! And I feel I’m wasting so much of the fruits and veggies. I’m really looking forward to a Vitamix life. Please continue blogging :)

• The Big Guy says:

That is exactly why I bought the Vitamix – I started by just juicing. But cleaning the juicer was a pain and seeing all that waste was unsettling to me. Plus I could never stay satisfied for more than 30 minutes after drinking just juice. I am really enjoying the vitamix blender.

2. ingrid.willems says:

I would like to know what, how much,and how often, do you make, drink smoothies. And what else you eat or drink. I have had my Vitamix for a week and not lost any weight. Have fruit and veggie smoothies about three times a day for the last 6 days. Would really appreciate any advise or suggestions. Thanks in advance

• The Big Guy says:

I drink smoothies for breakfast and lunch as much as I can. For dinner, I prefer to eat a protein and some vegetables.

What kind of smoothies are you making? What is your vegetable to fruit ratio? Are you exercising? How much weight are you trying to lose?

3. carol says:

I have been using my Vitamix about a week ago. I was looking at juicers but when I found out I could make soup with the Vitamix, I knew it was the one I wanted. My desire is to loose weight but my goal is to change my eating habits. I wonder is I am eating too much. Today I made, 1 zucchini 1 g.s. apple 1c. frozen cherries 3 carrots 1 cucumber 3 celery 1/2 yellow pepper and 3 handfuls of spinach. This is breakfast for my husband and myself and lunch for me. When is is not home it is my 3 meals. I eat about 3 handfuls of almonds or pistachios during the day. What do you think? I change it up every day but wonder if I may be adding many ingredients.

• The Big Guy says:

I don’t think you are using too many ingredients, especially since you aren’t using too many sweet ingredients. Enjoy the blender!